Monday, October 27, 2008

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

I had the priveledge of working at the election commission office today. I didn't know until it happened to me, that you are appointed to this service as one is with jury duty. Once you are called/drafted, you work four elections (3 to go!). I was given the option of working at the commission office with early voting ballots rather than at the polls on November 4th. I wasn't thrilled to be called but after having this experience, realize how incredibly lucky we are to be able to vote and how many precautions are taken to ensure that the process is fair and untainted. I know many people believe that they can't make a difference with their one vote, especially at a national level, but I noticed that so many people gave up their vote--particularly at the local and state level by leaving their ballots blank! What a shame.

I love this video...


No comments: